I've seen weird fan stuff but this gets pretty high on that list...
Hopefully it has better defense system than the team does.
*Apparently 25 cents from the price goes to support the Finnish junior hockey
Nicklas Bäckström about tough losses and dreamhouse.
Nicklas Bäckström went on two real knocks this season.
But summer has been a hit.
When he came home to Gävle, was the newly-built dreamhouse of 520 square within a ten-minute drive from the town ready.
- I was very pleased, but I had decided everything myself too, says Bäckis.
Nicklas Bäckström had a fantastic season in NHL and crossed the 100 points dreamline with his 33 goals and 68 assists - total 101 points - in regular season. And when the season was over he signed a 10-year contract worth 67 million dollar (or over half billion Swedish kronor) with Washington Capitals.
Then you can afford a summercottage which is as big as many plots others are building on.
- It feels nice to have solid place when one is home during summers. It was here I was a lot whole summer although I travelled around and visited relatives and friends, says Nicklas.
"A bit sloppy"
But bestfriend Alexander Ovechkin hasn't visited this summer either, despite a standing invation.
- We have called each other couple of times, but we will meet again soon when the trainingcamp starts. He doesn't want to leave Moscow in summer.
But Nicklas Bäckström's winter "didn't just go straight up in sour cream" (don't ask, swedes are weird... or if you're Swedish, please explain).
First loss against Slovakia in Olympic quarterfinals in Vancouver, then directly out of Stanley Cup playoffs in first round against Montreal, despite leading 3-1 in series.
Gets Swedish company
Washington that won regular season in Eastern Conference and was a favourite to win the Stanley Cup.
- I actually think it was bit sloppy on both occasions. I don't really know what happened against Slovakia but I believe it was bit of underestimating from our part. It went simply wrong. And we should've won against Montreal when lead 3-1 in series. But it's easy to be afterwise. Though they played smart playoffs hockey and were good defensively. That one must give them credit for. And we must learn a bit more about how you play playoff hockey. But we still have a great team so I think we have the chance to take a quick revenge next year.
Does it feel good that you will stay in Washington for 10 years?
- Yes, I like it so well in the city and in organisation so it feels right.
And now there come more Swedes to the town?
- Yes, Marcus Johansson is new in the team. I've talked with him on telephone and he was there and signed his contract at the same time I signed mine in the end of May.
In addition, Anton Gustafsson - Bengt-Åke's son - will make a new attempt to break into the squad.
But you must be pleased with your own season last year?
- It was cool for me individually to reach 100 points, but to be honest I'd rather change it to Stanley Cup title. It's difficult to enjoy your own achievments when you go out in first round.
So speaks a winner.
Foppa rules out the chances of playing
The last test was negative.
Now almost everything is pointing that Peter Forsberg's fantastic hockey career is over.
According to him there's only 5 percent chance that he continues.
- It hasn't worked in 7 years, so why it would work now?, says Peter Forsberg to SPORT-Expressen.
In the 2 first games with Icebreakers the hockey worlds most known rightfoot felt ok.
Yesterday's test against Västerås, however, was a disaster.
- It didn't feel good today. I don't think I have any balance at all, says Peter Forsberg to SPORT-Expressen.
Right now the continuation of his hockey career seems to be very, very far away.
- There's not more than 5 percent chance that I will continue with elite hockey, says he to SVT.
- Something must change radically if there will me more games. If it will be like today, I think I won't continue. Something has to better.
Messages in skates
And it's not the foot Forsberg means. He doesn't plan to do anything more about it. However, there are various messages in the skates than can help.
- I will go home and see how it goes for few weeks, but I don't have high hopes, says Forsberg who understands his critics who thinks that he vacillates too much back and forth.
- I understand everyone who thinks that I'm an idiot and thinks I should quit. But I have battled with these problems for 7 years and won Olympic gold (you jerk...) and if one checks Philadelphia, I'm second in points/match for players who have played over 100 games. I haven't been that woeful.
Which team it would be - if he can play- he doesn't want to think. What comes to Modo, it has earlier this week been speculated that Modo's coach Charles Berglund gave a deadline for Foppa to give a notice to the team if he plays or not.
However, it's a big misunderstanding according to Berglund:
. I haven't set any deadline. Me and Peter have a dialog and there's no time limit, although of course it would be good to know as soon as possible, says Berglund to SPORT-Expressen.
Doesn't want to mess up
Something Foppa agrees with:
- I don't want to stand on Modo's way. I don't want that it will go back and forth like it went last time.
Now points most things to a life aside of ice - and If one is going to believe Foppa, it isn't that bad.
- I feel so good aside of hockey now and I have so much other things going on so so it will be if there's not gonna be hockey. If it doesn't function 100 percent, I will pack my stuff in the near future.
Teemu Selänne confirms to Urheilulehti that he has made a decision to continue his outstanding career at least a year. According to Selänne the contract with Anaheim might get done within few days.
"I have made a decision to continue my career. Actually it has been clear for awhile. The negotiations are now ready to start and hopefully it gets signed in couple of days", Selänne says.
Selänne says the reasons for continuing are purely game related. The 40 year old supersniper felt that his body has still enough energy left for seeking success.
"I told Anaheim that if they start to rejuvenate the team and rebuild it, I'll do something different. Those guys who have been now acquired have convinced me that we can still success. Once again money didn't play a role", says Selänne.
"Hijacking" Selänne won't necessarily be Anaheim's only super acquisition. On the radar is also Selänne's legendary linemate Paul Kariya's comeback to Anaheim.
"I've talked about that with Paul and Anaheim. Paul has been waiting for my decision and hopefully thing swill move along now", Selänne says.
Selänne admits that he has thought about the idea of dream line where with him and Kariya also would play Saku Koivu.
"It has been on my mind but in this thing the coach will make final decisions. Jason Blake who played last season with me and Saku was really good in the end of the season."